Aloe Vera Vs Apple Cider Vinegar
Disclaimer: This content has been produced purely for informational and educational purposes only and is never intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical guidelines including diagnosis, advice, and treatment.
We often compare the benefits of aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar, especially when it comes to promoting weight loss and the appearance of the skin, but both have many other benefits as well. Though there are many similar effects, each has its own mix of nutrients that have different mechanisms of action in the body. Wanna know how they benefit the human body? Keep reading to learn more.
In this article, we’ll be comparing aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar based on their nutritional value and benefits. But before we get into the difference between aloe vera and apple cider vinegar, it’s essential to learn exactly what they are. So, let’s get started.
Table of contents
- What is aloe vera?
- What is apple cider vinegar?
- Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: nutritional value
- Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: potential benefits
- Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: precautions and side effects
- Final words
What is aloe vera?
Aloe vera is a cactus-like succulent plant of the species botanically called Aloe barbadensis miller. It initially originated in the Arabian Peninsula but now grows in the hot and dry climates of tropical and subtropical regions so wildly that it is assumed to be invasive in many parts of the world.
The plant has thick leaves that make a gel storing large amounts of water molecules in its cells. This gel has been found to have significant healing properties and is used in traditional and folk medicines to treat or prevent a wide range of ailments.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is a form of vinegar prepared from crushed apples, sugars, and yeasts. Vinegar is usually a fermented water solution of acetic acid. It is made in two steps, first, the yeasts break down sugar molecules and convert them into ethanol (alcohol), and then acid bacteria convert ethanol into acetic acid content.
ACV has had a long history of use in food and medicine for centuries. It is available either in filtered, clear form or raw, unfiltered form which is also known as the “mother” apple cider vinegar. The mother ACV has cloudy sediment due to the settled yeasts and bacteria and is supposed to be more efficient for its probiotics or healthy bacteria content.
Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: nutrition value
Aloe vera is densely packed with natural nutrients. Studies suggest that the thick leaves of the plant contain around 75 nutrients that have the potential to benefit the human body in many different ways.
The most abundant nutrients present in aloe vera are anthraquinones, both types of sugars - monosaccharides ( such as glucose) and polysaccharides, and various types of vitamins and minerals, including, but not limited to:
- Vitamin A
- B vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6, B9 (folic acid or folate), and B12
- Beta carotene
In addition, as part of 75 nutrients, aloe vera contains sterols that help lower inflammation, enzymes that aid in digestion, and salicylic acid that can help reduce pain.
Finally, aloe vera gives 26 amino acids, including seven essential ones that are vital for making building blocks of protein molecules in the body. Essential amino acids are those amino acids that are critical for the proper functioning of the body, but the body cannot make them on its own and must get through diets or dietary supplements.
On the other hand, most of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar seem to come from the acetic acid content it contains. But it has small amounts of vitamins, carbohydrates, and minerals, including nutrients such as magnesium, iron, and calcium. It also contains significant quantities of antioxidants and probiotics, healthy bacteria, all of which are also responsible for many of its health potentials.
Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: potential benefits
Aloe vera benefits
- Provides high nutrients
- Aids in digestion
- Supports skin health
- Strengthens immune response
- Assists in detoxification
- Helps fight against bacterial infections
Apple cider vinegar benefits
- Promotes weight loss
- Helps keep blood sugar levels in check
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
- Promotes skin health
- Lowers blood pressure levels
- Helps relieve acid reflux
- Supports gut health
- Helps fight against fungus
- Improves circulation
- Helps reduce symptoms of allergies
- Helps balance pH levels
- Helps whiten teeth
- Soothes wore throat
- Helps reduce symptoms of cold
- Stops hiccups
- Promotes hair and nail health
Aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar: precautions and side effects
Although both aloe vera and apple cider vinegar have been considered generally safe when taken as advised. Here are certain things to keep in mind to avoid any unpleasant adverse effects:
Aloe vera - precautions and side effects
- May cause diarrhea, electrolyte imbalances, and allergic reactions in some people
- May interact with certain medications and supplements such as laxatives, steroids, and heart drugs
- People with diabetes, kidney problems, intestinal issues, diabetes, or those who are on medications or pregnant or breastfeeding women must consult their healthcare providers before using aloe vera.
Apple cider vinegar - precautions and side effects
- Excess intake may cause nausea, low potassium levels, and damage to tooth enamel
- Do not combine with other medications unless or until it is advised
- Do not cross the recommended dose
- Work with a qualified nutritionist or naturopath to determine the best dose
If compared to aloe vera vs apple cider vinegar, both have significant medicinal properties that can help promote human health and treat and prevent various health conditions. When it comes to preferring one over another, it depends on which will work better on which specific health conditions. It’s important to work with a qualified nutritionist or naturopath to determine the best dose and safety precautions.
Here you can see Vosrt’s pure and natural Aloe Vera Capsules
Here you can see Vorst’s pure and natural Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules